4 Interesting Things you need to know about Porcelain Tiles in Adelaide
If you have been deferring the idea of doing the floors of your house, let me tell you the time is now. With the advancement of digital printing technologies, Porcelain Tiles in Adelaide is becoming more attractive. In this blog we will look into five interesting facts about porcelain tiles. If you are wondering about how you will get all the related details, then this is the place for you.
Porcelain tiles help add a stylish touch to any room. These tiles work wonders for both floors and walls. However, porcelain tiles are much harder and sturdier than ceramic tiles. Before moving ahead with the discussion, let’s take a look at what exactly are porcelain tiles. Porcelain is derived from clay that is baked in very high temperatures. Porcelain Tiles in Adelaide is a ceramic tile and is far more water-resistant than other ceramics. Continue reading to discover more fun facts. We at Prestige Bathroom Solutions are your one stop solution for your bathroom needs.
This brings us to our next section, the types of porcelain tiles.
Types of Porcelain Tiles
There is not only one type of porcelain tiles but four. With that being pointed out, in this section, we shall look into the types of tiles that are available.
1. Unglazed Porcelain Tiles: These types of porcelain tiles are manufactured from dry pigmented powdered clay which is injected into a mould and then pressed and fired. Porcelain Tiles in Adelaide produced in this type does not require any further treatment including sealing. This type of tile is hard wearing. This can be used both in the indoors as well as the outdoors.
2. Digitally Printed Porcelain Tiles: This is yet another type of porcelain tiles. Do you know this is the latest method of producing tiles? This method allows natural materials to be photographed and digitally printed on the surface of the tile. These types of porcelain tiles too need no sealing.
3. Double Charged Porcelain Tiles: These types of Porcelain Tiles in Adelaide could have different types of finishes including polished, semi-polished, glazed and also matte. These tiles are made by the process of fusing two types of clays. This helps in creating unique designs in porcelain tiles.
Porcelain tiles v/s ceramic: Which one to choose?
With the thought of refreshing your tiles, you need to be assured of the two types of materials. This section deals in a comparative study between porcelain tiles and ceramic. Although both porcelain tiles and ceramic are similar in ways there are differences that set them apart. Read on extensively to unveil the differences between the two.
Porcelain Tiles in Adelaide is made with clay, sand and feldspar, whereas ceramic tiles are made with red, brown or white clay. Porcelain tiles are harder and denser as compared to ceramic tiles. The former can be used in designing both the exterior as well as the interior, whereas ceramic tiles are specifically used in designing the interiors only. Porcelain tiles are perfect for installation in the wet rooms. Ceramic can be used in all over the bathroom with the wide range of designs.
Prestige Bathroom Solutions has some of the best offers when it comes to bathroom fittings in your house. We are bent on providing bathroom renovations from scratch to the final touchup. Whether you use Porcelain Tiles in Adelaide or ceramic tiles, it all depends upon the kind of look you wish to lend to your New Bathroom Adelaide.
Benefits of Porcelain Tiles
There are features of porcelain tiles that help make them desirable among the public. In the section below that follows find the benefits listed that are peculiar only to porcelain tiles.
1. It is highly durable: One of the advantages of porcelain tiles is it is highly durable. Porcelain tiles are made from highly refined clay. Proper installation of porcelain tiles makes them look new even after a long stretch of time.
2. Less staining: Porcelain Tiles in Adelaide are less absorbent than other types of floors. This prevents staining of the floors even in case of spills. The low rate of absorption, spilling of water and other subsequent problems can be waived off.
3. Versatile: One of the biggest advantages of porcelain tiles is it can take the look of any surface that you would use for open air flooring.
4. Everlasting Designs: Porcelain tiles maintain the charm. They don’t blur in direct sunlight. The only tiles that can compete against these are stone tiles. If your porcelain tiles are shaded, you need not worry. The shadings stay intact too.
5. Easy to Clean: Porcelain Tiles in Adelaide are easy to clean and maintain. These tiles can be cleaned simply with the application of water. Detergents that are not too harsh can be used on the surface of the tiles. Cleaning of porcelain tiles can also be carried out with the application of a mixture of vinegar and warm water. Since porcelain tiles are highly slip-resistant, these can be used either indoors or outdoors.
Care of Porcelain Tiles
Porcelain tiles once installed require umpteen amount of care. With regular and appropriate cleaning, porcelain tiles will retain its sparkling finish. Here’s how you can take care of the Porcelain Tiles in Adelaide:
For unpolished or unglazed porcelain tiles
1. Remove the dust and dirt thoroughly by sweeping and vacuuming
2. Saturate the surface of the tile with a mixture of vinegar and water
3. Let the cleanser soak into the tile for five to ten minutes without drying
4. Scrub the stained area with a soft-bristle brush
5. Clean away the dirty cleaning solution and rinse the corner with hot water
6. Allow the tile to dry up by a quick wipe with a clean towel.
For details on cleaning schedule of the Porcelain Floor Tiles read up extensively on the web. I hope this article will help you get the right insight on porcelain tiles.